Known as the golden spice of life, turmeric, or haldi, contains a plethora of healthy nutrients beneficial for the skin.
The main ingredient in turmeric powder is curcumin, which helps with reducing melanin production. Curcuminoids work great for treating skin irritations, sun damage, and chronic inflammation that can all cause premature skin aging.
Turmeric contains many essential nutrients including:
- Vitamin C encourages the build up of collagen, preserving the skin elasticity and tautness.
- Vitamin B is vital for the new skin cell formation and for keeping the skin moisturized.
- Calcium helps heal dry and withered skin.
- Magnesium slows down the aging processes and maintains the youthful and glowing look of the skin.
- Potassium has outstanding hydrating properties.
Turmeric can benefit your skin as a home remedy for pigmentation such as sunspots and can even out your skin tone.
Can also benefit people with acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes.
Anti-inflammatory and high in anti-oxidants and can help reduce cell damage.
Anti-Pigmentation Vegan Recipe
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
In a small bowl or jar, mix the turmeric powder with the lemon juice and apply to face for 15 mins and rinse off.
For best results use x1 weekly and in the evening time.
NOTES: If you have sensitive skin, you can try adding a carrier oil or coconut milk and reduce the lemon.